I definitely cannot live up to the muffin man name and nursery rhyme. However, I did make some really good muffins without any flour or added sugar! Take a look at the recipe below for these gluten-free delights. You can find the original recipe on Cooking Light’s Instagram page, but I tweaked it a little. All the optional ingredients listed are what I used for my toppings; in this case majority were apple toppings with cinnamon!
When comparing to Cooking Light’s recipe, you will find that I used Vanilla Greek yogurt, did not add honey, and I added a bit of water due to my blender not being super powerful in order to get the creamy batter texture. Enjoy!
Yields: 12 muffins
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Baking soda
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Water (if needed; add as needed)
- ½ Fuji Apple, chopped (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Blend all ingredients together. If blender is not strong enough or ingredients are too dry, add water as needed to create a smooth creamy batter
- Line pan with muffin tins, spray with non-stick spray if needed
- Fill cups with batter and top with toppings of your choosing
- Apples and Cinnamon
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Shaved Almonds
- Coconut Flakes
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes; insert a toothpick into the center of your muffin—if it comes out dry your muffins are ready!