Ever get tired of eating pasta? Maybe want to cut back on the carbs? Or maybe you just want to spice things up a bit in the kitchen. Here’s a healthy alternative to using pasta whenever you make spaghetti meat sauce: spaghetti squash. Yum!
Especially now during the winter months, squashes and winter vegetables are at their most fruitful times at grocery stores. Check out the recipe below for a healthier spaghetti!
- 1 5lb Spaghetti Squash
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 jar Prego spaghetti sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt&Pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds
- Drizzle olive oil and season to your liking; place face down on a baking sheet or in a baking pan
- Place in oven for 30-45 minutes depending on your oven
- While squash is cooking, saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant then add in ground beef
- Cook until beef is no longer pink, add stewed tomatoes and spaghetti sauce; heat all the way through (your sauce is now done!)
- Take spaghetti squash out of the oven and flip them over
- Use a fork and rake out the meat of the squash, it’ll look like spaghetti 🙂
- Serve squash with spaghetti meat sauce on top and garnish to your liking!